HD cameras are also a part of the mega pixel cameras. It refers to only those cameras with a horizontal resolution of 1080P or 720P. Instead of a 4:3 aspect ratio, HD cameras have a 16:9 aspect ratio. Here are some of the key features of HD cameras:
- Excellent image Quality: As the name suggests, HD cameras are capable of clicking extremely sharp and crisp photos. This is the main reason why they are in so much demand. Most people think that higher megapixels will lead to sharper images. However, even a low resolution HD camera is capable of capturing clear photos. This is because they are equipped with large sensors, which leads to sharper images. You can also shoot some amazing, high quality videos.
- Low light images: HD cameras performs excellently at day light. However, even in low light situations, they does the job pretty well. Flashes often reduce the quality of the images. However, thanks to its ISO feature, you don’t have to switch on the flash, unless it is pitch dark.
- Great Control: One of the main advantages of HD cameras is that it allows you to control all the settings. You can control all the features like zoom, ISO and focus. Thus, you can adjust yourself to the situation. This is the reason why professional photographers always prefer HD cameras. And they are also a great option for young photographers who are learning the art pf photography. And in case you are having difficultly, you can always switch to the Automatic Mode as well.
- Faster and more accurate focus: Normal cameras generally takes a lot of time to set the focus. Hence, if you are trying to capture a fast moving object like bird or any wild life animal, the picture may appear a bit hazy. However, HD cameras takes just a second to set the focus, and you will be able to capture exactly what you want.
- Surveillance purposes: Because of their high image clarity, many people also use HD cameras for their home surveillance systems. Almost all the big business houses prefer HD cameras. Apart from that, you will also find HD cameras in banks or jewelry stores, where lots of valuables are kept.
- Looks Professional: If you carry a HD camera in hand, it looks much more professional. It is also likely that you will be called to shoot for several events, if your skills are good